Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Long Loneliness: An Autobiography, by Dorothy Day



 


Book Title: The Long Loneliness: An Autobiography
Author: Dorothy Day
Published By:  Harper and Row Publishers
Date Published: 1952
Pages: 286
Recommended Age: Adults
Read & Reviewed By: Me
Rating: B/4





I borrowed it from the Sisters of Notre Dame Educational Center.

Summary:
In her own words, Dorothy Day tells of her early life as a young journalist in the 1920s, and her conversion to Catholicism, which ended her common-law marriage.  It also tells of her meeting Peter Maurin and the start of the Catholic Worker


My Thoughts:

I did enjoy hearing Ms. Day’s life through her words. I also enjoyed hearing her impressions of Peter Maurin and how she took his ideas and tweaked them.  I just found it lacking in some details and aspects of her life, which made me seek out a biography about her to learn more. For these reasons, I gave The Long Loneliness four stars and a grade of “B”. I do encourage people to read Dorothy Day’s autobiography. She is a formidable woman.



Parents:
Language: None
Adult Content: None
Violence: None





No comments:

Post a Comment