Monday, January 30, 2012

The Disappearance, by Bentley Little




Author: Bentley Little
Published By: Signet
Date Published: September 7, 2010
Genre: Horror, Suspense
Pages: 390
Recommended Age: Mature Adults
Read & Reviewed By: Me
Rating: A/5




 "Father is coming."---A Homesteader






I borrowed this book from the library

 Summary:
Can you imagine being at a festival and finding you and your friends drugged and when you wake up your girlfriend or boyfriend missing?  Then the police don’t take you or your friends seriously because every trace of her/his existence has wiped from data bases across the world.  S/he has never attended college; her/his Facebook page has been deleted, and the number to his/her parents doesn’t exist.  Well, that’s what happened to Gary.


My Thoughts:
I just love loved this book.  Bentley has out done himself once again.  His creativity always boggles my mind.  Every time I read his books I know why he won the Bram Stoker Award.  I really liked how the main characters in this novel were college students.  Since I just recently graduated from college myself I can relate.

 I liked how the character Gary and his friends never gave up finding out what happened to his girl, but I did get annoyed by the fact the police always blew them off.  I wanted to crawl into the story line and knock some sense into them, the sign of well-written characters.

I gave ‘The Disappearance’ 5 stars and a grade of A because I loved it so much and I knew I would re-read it again one day like I do with a lot of Bentley’s novels, ‘The Store’, ‘The Ignored’, and ‘The University’ to name a few. If you want a good scare by a genius for horror, I recommend 'The Disappearance.'


Parents:
Language: A lot of swearing
Adult Content: Sex scenes, a lot of Drugs/alcohol use, Adult Subject Matter, Heavy topics
Violence: violent murder and other death scenes




No comments:

Post a Comment