Friday, August 17, 2012

Friends Forever, by Danielle Steele

 

Book Title: Friends Forever
Author: Danielle Steel
Published By: Delacorte Press
Date Published:  July 24, 2012
Genre: Contemporary Fiction 
Pages: 308
Recommended Age: Mature Adult
Read & Reviewed By: Me
Rating: C/3

 A New York Times Best Selling Author




I borrowed this book from the library

Summary:
Five children meet on the first day of Kindergarten. In the years that follow they become best friends and some more than friends. Together they face life together, dealing with life struggles and painful losses.


My Thoughts:
I liked the novel, and yet, I didn’t like it. I liked that it was well written and the characters were well rounded.  Danielle Steel wrote the characters so well that I was able to really like some characters and not like others.  At one point, I wanted to reach in the book and slap the father of one boy when he made the death of his son about him at the funeral.  I couldn’t help thinking, “You’re the reason why he is dead, you jerk!”

I usually love Steel’s books and gave them high ratings, but this book must be the first of hers that I knew I would not be reading again. It was very depressing with all the deaths and such close proximity. Plus, she has the jock and the beauty queen hook up, which the reader can foresee that happening.

Unless the reader wants to get depressed from reading a book, I do not recommend this book.  I know a true Danielle Steel fan may still want to run out and by her latest book so I recommend keeping a box of tissues handy and read at your own risk.



Parents:
Language: some
Adult Content: drug and alcohol use, sex, domestic violence
Violence: domestic violence, death scenes

No comments:

Post a Comment