Friday, August 17, 2012

The Kommandant's Girl, by Pam Jenoff


 

Book Title: The Kommandant’s Girl
Author:  Pam Jenoff
Published By: Mira Books
Date Published: March 1, 2007
Genre: Historical Fiction, Romance, WWII
Pages: 395
Recommended Age: Mature Adult
Read & Reviewed By:  Me
Rating: A/5







This book is from my personal collection.

Summary:
Nineteen year old Emma Bau has been married for only three weeks when Germany invades Poland. Her husband, Jacob disappears underground leaving her imprisoned within the city’s Jewish ghetto. After several months, the resistance smuggles her out and takes her to Krakow to live with Jacob’s Catholic cousin Krysia. Emma takes a new identity as Anna Lipowski, a Catholic.  She begins her new life working for the resistance and as a high-ranking Nazi official’s assistant.  She continually compromises her safety and her marriage vows to help the cause.


My Thoughts:
I love this book!  Pam Jenoff is a fantastic writer.  She has a way of sucking the reader in and holding him or hers interest. I was able to lose myself in the character of Emma. I became “Emma” and the story read like a movie I was part of. I was working for the Resistance and got nervous when Emma had her close calls. I was on the edge of my seat while reading this book.  When I got to the last 150 pages I stayed up until two in the morning finishing the book. I just could not put it down.

I gave The Kommandant’s Girl five stars and a grad of A+.  It’s been a long time since a book has captured me as this one has.  If you are interested in stories about World War II and also like adventures, I recommend The Kommandant’s Girl by Pam Jenoff. I already have my step-father reading it; he isn’t even a reader and he is enjoying it.  I love this book and I am glad it’s part of my book collection.



Parents:
Language: Some, but very little
Adult Content: Sex scenes, war talks
Violence: shootings and bombings






No comments:

Post a Comment