Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Betrayal, by Danielle Steel


 
Book Title: Betrayal
Author:  Danielle Steel
Published By: Random House Publishing Group
Date Published: March 27, 2012
Genre: Fiction, Romance
Pages: 321
Recommended Age: Adults
Read & Reviewed By:  Me
Rating: A/5


 "[...]if you can't trust an FBI agent, who can you trust?"- Special Agent Jim Kingston



 I got the book from the library.

Summary:
Tallie Jones is a successful film director.  She is happy person with no interest in the perks that come with her profession. She has a good, loving relationship with her daughter, whom is in college, and with her father.  She also has a loving and caring relationship with her boyfriend producer of four years.  He personal assistant is her long-time best friend from college.  Tallie believes everything in her life is good until an audit is performed on her finances and she finds that someone is stealing money from her.  Who among her is betraying her?


My Thoughts:
I loved it!  Danielle Steel did an awesome job once again.  I could not put this book down.  I was up until 3:30 in the morning reading this book.  I first told myself that I would put the book down when I got to page 150, but when I got to page 150 I was in the middle of a chapter.  So I said to myself “I’ll finish this chapter then go to sleep,” but of course that didn’t happen. The characters are so well written I was surprised at the true villian. Steel has a capability to write books without he usage of foul language; therefore, a high school student can read this book if she has a high reading level.

I gave Betrayal five stars and a grade of A because I loved it so much. I always loved reading Steel’s books.  She has a knack for writing about real life issues and invoking an emotional bond with her characters.  I cried a few times.  If you like novels about real issues with a touch of “emotional” romance without the sexual passion, or if you are just a fan of Danielle Steel, I recommend reading Betrayal.  I must warn you it will keep you at night.



Parents:
Language: None
Adult Content: very little
Violence: None


No comments:

Post a Comment