Friday, October 19, 2012

Foever After, by Catherine Anderson


 

Forever After
Author: Catherine Anderson
Published By: Avon
Date Published: April 1, 1998
Pages: 419
Recommended Age: Adults, Mature Adults
Read & Reviewed By: Me
Rating: 4/B







This book is from my personal collection.


Summary:
Heath Masters is the county sheriff in eastern Oregon, and when he meets his new neighbor Meredith Kenyon he senses she running from something and is lying about her past. He suspects that she may be running from an abusive husband.

About to lose her daughter in a child custody case, Meredith transformed from a city widow to a small town single mom.  She’s trying to run from her abusive late husband’s manipulative father.


My Thoughts:
I never read anything by Catherine Anderson, but when I read the synopsis on the back of this book it sounded like it would be intriguing, and it sure was. I was up until two in the morning last night reading this book. I was not able to put it down until I finished it.

Catherine Anderson weaved a story not only of romance but a tale of Domestic Violence, giving us a glimpse of what battered women deal with and the things they do to survive. I really admired the character of Meredith and how she fought to not be a victim anymore, but to be a survivor. As she finally tells Heath her story, the reader is able to see what a strong woman Meredith truly is.

I gave Forever After four stars and a grade of B because it resembled what life is like for most women, and as I got into the heart of the book I could not put it down. I believe Anderson did a fantastic job on this book.  If you already like Catherine Anderson books, or if you are looking for a book about a woman who overcomes such adversities to become a stronger person then I recommend Forever After by Catherine Anderson.



Parents:
Language: A lot of swear words.
Adult Content: Sex scenes, Adult Subject Matter, Heavy topics
Violence: gun fights, domestic violence, child abuse, murder





No comments:

Post a Comment