Friday, October 19, 2012

Pope John Paul II: The Biography, by Tad Szulc


 



Pope John Paul II: The Biography
Author: Tad Szulc
Published By: Scribner Book Company
Date Published: December 28, 1995
Genre: Biography
Pages:  542
Recommended Age: Adults
Read & Reviewed By: Me
Rating: 2/C




This book is from my personal collection.

 
Summary:
The inside story of the negotiations involving John Paul II, Soviet President Gorbachev, and General Jaruzelski of Portland that led to Poland's and Eastern Europe's transition form communism to democracy.

My Thoughts:
I did not care much for this book; I regretted buying this book. I have read biographies that were much more interesting than this one. It bored me to tears and took me almost two months to finish this book and that is not like me. This book read more like a text book, which is why I gave it only two stars and a grade of D.  It gave a bunch of history on Poland, going back a hundred years before the Blessed Pope John Paul II was even born.  I do not recommend Pope John Paul II by Tad Szulc.  If you want to read a biography on Pope John II, I would recommend a finding a different author and one that covers Blessed Pope John Paul II’s entire life span.



Parents:
Language: None
Adult Content: None
Violence: None


No comments:

Post a Comment