Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wild Heart, by Lori Brighton


 

Book Title: Wild Heart
Author: Lori Brighton
Published By: Zebra
Date Published: November 1, 2009
Genre: Romance
Pages: 408
Recommended Age: Mature Adults
Read & Reviewed By: Me
Rating: C/3




I borrowed this book from the library.

Summary:
Leo Roberts has returned home after being missing and presumed dead most of his life.  He is next in line for earldom.  Ella Finch was hired to teach him the ways of the English ton because he is believed to be uncultured and a feral child grown into a man. Someone wants both Leo and Ella dead.  It seems both of their mysterious pasts are entwined somehow, but how?


My Thoughts:
Lori Brighton did a fine job on her debut book and the characters were well done.  I just got frustrated with Ella’s character at times.  Leo comes to her defense many times when his cousin Henry is attacking her, but she doesn’t stand up for him when Henry is trying to let others believe that Leo is attacking him for no other reason other than he is insane.  She never opens her mouth and tells people that Leo was coming to her defense against Harry. If I was Leo, after the first incident, I wouldn’t come to her rescue again.

I also couldn’t understand this backdrop of a secret society that wanted to use Ella’s Finch to gain some sort of power with some god.  It was confusing.  For these reasons, I give Wild Heart three stars and a grade of C.  I also couldn't lose my self into the story and the characters.  I liked it, but I did not really like or even love it.  Having read another book of Brighton’s I know she could do better.   If you love romance with a bit of mystery, I recommend Wild Heart.

 
Parents:
Language: Some swear words but mostly in Italian
Adult Content: Lots of sexual content, erotic
Violence: Some violence


No comments:

Post a Comment