Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Perfect Christmas, by Debbie Macomber



 



Book Title: The Perfect Christmas
Author:  Debbie Macomber
Published By: Mira Books
Date Published:  September 29, 2009
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Holiday
Pages: 232
Recommended Age: Adults
Read and Reviewed By: Me
Rating: A/5




I borrowed it from the library

Summary:
Cassie Beaumont, at thirty-three, wants a husband and kids, and so far, nothing's worked. Not blind dates, not the Internet and certainly not leaving love to chance.  So she goes to see a professional matchmaker. He's Simon Dodson, and he's very choosy about the clients he takes on. Cassie finds Simon a difficult, bitter know-it-all, and she's astonished when he accepts her as a client.

Claiming he has her perfect mate in mind, Simon assigns her three tasks to complete before she meets him. Three tasks that are all about Christmas: being a charity bell ringer, dressing up as Santa's elf at a children's party and preparing a traditional turkey dinner for her neighbors (whom she happens to dislike). Despite a number of comical mishaps, Cassie does it all --- and she's finally ready to meet her match.

My Thoughts:
I quite enjoyed this story. What woman has not had a list of qualifications for a man to qualify as the perfect mate? I love the humor that was weaved through this story.  I had even laughed out loud at one point and someone asked me what was so funny.   This is sweet Christmas romance I recommend.  I may even read it again one Christmas season. For these reasons, I gave The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber five stars and a grade of A.  Check it out, I guarantee you a good laugh.



Parents:
Language: None
Adult Content: None
Violence: None


No comments:

Post a Comment