Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Living in the Spirit: drawing us to God, sending us to the world by George O. Wood




Living in the Spirit: drawing us to God, sending us to the world

Author: George O. Wood
Published By: Gospel Publishing House
Date Published: January 1st 2009
Pages: 185
Recommended Age: Young Adults, Adults
Read and Reviewed By: Me
Rating: A/5



From my personal library

Summary:
Living in the Spirit is an in depth study on the person and ministry of the Holy Spirit explained by Dr. George O. Wood, the general superintendent of the U.S. Assemblies of God.


My Thoughts:
Being Pentecostal myself (but not Assemblies of God) I knew of the Holy Spirit being a person and of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit but not in depth, nor knew how to explain the Holy Spirit in an intelligent matter to non-believers of the concept being baptized in the Holy Spirit. When my church was offering an 8 week class to study the Holy Spirit with this book I gladly attended the classes and bought this book. I enjoyed reading Living in the Spirit. I learned a lot from Dr. Wood. He explains the Holy Spirit in such a way that non believers could even understand why we, Pentecostals, believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. He explains how and where the Bible speaks of three different kinds of baptisms: Baptism into Christ (1 Cor.12:13), Baptism in the Spirit (Acts 2:4), Baptism in Water (Acts 2:38-41). Wood also explains the Agent of the Baptism, the Candidate, and the element into which the candidate is placed. In chapters five and six, he speaks about the fruit of the Spirit and the gifts of the spirit; there is a difference.

I recommend this book to all Christians, not just to Pentecostals. I believe that if Christians understood other denominations better there would be less discord among our brothers and sisters-Christ. This is a well-written book and Dr. Wood did a fantastic job explaining the person and ministry of the Holy Spirit, which is why I rated it a 5 and a grade of A.


Parents:
Language: none
Adult Content: none
Violence: none


No comments:

Post a Comment