Thursday, December 31, 2015

Runaway Amish Girl: The Great Escape by Emma Gingerich



Runaway Amish Girl: The Great Escape

Author: Emma Gingerich
Published By: Progressive Rising Phoenix Press LLC
Date Published: March 6th 2014 (first published January 1st 2014)
Pages: 174
Recommended Age: Adults
Read and Reviewed By: Me
Rating: C/3




This book was from my own personal library

Summary:
Emma Gingerich grew up in a Swartzentruber Amish community in Eagleville, Missouri. She didn’t agree with the Amish traditions of her upbringing and makes the decision to run away with the help of an Englischer. She then goes on to pursue her dream of higher education.


My Thoughts:
I enjoyed reading Runaway Amish Girl. I think Emma Gingerich did an excellent job in writing her story. She told a story that had to have been hard to tell. She spoke of things most women would have been too afraid to speak about. The book itself was well written and I truly liked that although she has a college education, Gingerich did not use graduate level words and everyone is capable to read her story.

Although I enjoyed reading Runaway Amish Girl, I didn’t like that it was so short. It seemed in the last chapter she wrapped her story up bit quickly. For these reasons, I gave Runaway Amish Girl by Emma Gingerich a grade of a C.  I do recommend others to read Gingerich’s story because it will give everyone an insight in the Swartzentruber Amish community’s way of life.


Parents:
Language: None
Adult Content: A rape scene
Violence: A rape scene


No comments:

Post a Comment